A much greener university and a 50% reduction in network administration
With approximately 1,200 students and 250 employees, the International University of Sarajevo is one of the biggest educational institutes in the Balkan region. Comprising three faculties and an English language school on a 72,000 m2 campus, the University was using a mixture of 88 HP printers and Canon MFPs. Managing consumables and machine servicing was costly and inefficient, and the University was concerned about the environmental impact of its document workflow.
- Following a thorough analysis of the University's device fleet, its print volumes and service interventions using KYOCERA's KYOanalyser software, the University‘s fleet was optimised with 4 KYOCERA TASKalfa 420i MFPs and 25 FS-1370DN ECOSYS printers.
- Installation of the KYOCERA Net Admin solution to optimise network administration and system management.
- As the next step in the KYOCERA MDS process, output security solution MyQ will be implemented to increase device security and document confidentiality.
- A 50% reduction of network administration expenses thanks to KYOCERA's unified printer driver, the deployment of KYOCERA's Net Admin solution and a single point of contact.
- The number of printers and MFPs was reduced from 88 to 29 — a decrease of 67% — while convenience and ease of use were maintained.
- A 30% cutback of the University‘s consumables and service expenses resulting from the reliability of KYOCERA printers and MFPs and the cost-saving toner-only concept of KYOCERA ECOSYS printers such as the FS-1370DN .
- IUS case study as pdf (297.5 kB)
The powerful combination of KYOCERA printers and MFPs and KYOCERA NetAdmin has solved all our document management issues. It is environmentally sound, cost saving, efficient and easy to manage. Complementing this solution, authorised KYOCERA partner Xenon forte d.o.o. is giving us excellent service and support.