Improved efficiency at a leading medical aid manufacturer.
Bauerfeind is a leading manufacturer of medical aids operating globally with 15 subsidiaries and around 2000 employees. The quality of its products is held in high regard. Supports, orthoses, medical compression stockings and orthopaedic orthoses from Bauerfeind are all “Made in Germany” – with some still crafted by hand. Bauerfeind keeps its high quality and efficiency standards thanks to qualified technical personnel, modern technology and continuous quality controls.
Bauerfeind’s device fleet consisted of 62 different devices from two different vendors and worked with a pay-per-page concept. Using the existing management software, it wasn’t possible to integrate all the devices into the billing and maintenance system. Many devices were not supposed to handle the required print volumes. Another concern was driver inconsistency which resulted in missing special SAP functionalities.
Bauerfeind was looking for a solution to improve the efficiency of its entire document environment. The focus was to reduce costs and administrative tasks like consumables management. Bauerfeind also put an emphasis on detailed reporting systems to monitor the printing costs.
- A thorough analysis was conducted looking into all existing aspects of Bauerfeind’s print fleet.
- Development of a proposal based on the results of the analysis and Bauerfeind’s exact requirements.
- Adaptation of the device firmware and drivers in close coordination with Bauerfeind’s IT department.
- Testing phase of 4 weeks, to guarantee a smooth rollout and seamless SAP integration.
- Restructuring of the printer fleet by exchanging and reducing device types from 62 to 9 (ECOSYS printers and MFPs) to improve efficiency and sustainability.
- Implementation of Device Management Software and devices, according to the required print volumes.
- Reduction of printing and administration costs thanks to the comprehensive MDS concept.
- Streamlined maintenance and ordering process for consumables with less storage area needed.
- Improved productivity via smooth SAP integration.
- Bauerfeind case study as pdf (326.5 kB)
“The KYOCERA MDS concept convinced us. Through the close and excellent collaboration with KYOCERA and their partner Datec we could significantly reduce our print cost and could realise a smooth integration of all relevant systems. We are very satisfied with the whole process. The individual and professional consulting was a significant reason for a successful project.”